GIP Definition of Learning:
Good learning is a meaningful and enjoyable experience where students enjoy making connections between new and existing knowledge in an ongoing journey of discovery.
Students flourish through being happy, engaged, challenged and valued and are able to question, reflect and confidently communicate independently and collaboratively on their progress.
GIP Guiding Statements Children come first when:
- The School educates the whole child
- The School values community well-being and provides a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment
- The School prepares children to become caring, internationally-minded global citizens who have an understanding of the complexities of an ever-changing world
- The school encourages collaborative problem solving, leading the students to become creative thinkers in their own right
- The school respects the natural world and its resources
- The school prepares students to be honest, have integrity and to become principled individuals with a spirit of respect for themselves and others
- The school understands that lifelong learning and innovation involves taking risks,
reflecting on our mistakes and actively seeking solutions
- The school challenges and supports each child to be the best that they can be